This stuff is sooooo good I could eat it by buckets! I’m telling ya, I don’t know when exactly I acquired this tendency of overcomplicating my recipes, but it does get in a way of me remembering that delicious food sometimes, and oftentimes, can be incredibly simple.
I bought these radishes for the sole purpose of photographing them. Yeap, I do that. I sometimes buy ingredients just to photograph them. What can I say?! Gotta feed that obsession. And the box of mixed microgreens I bought on the same shopping trip just because my gaze accidentally stopped on them when I was browsing a produce section. I saw them and I suddenly remembered that every time I eat out in some trendy restaurant and I get a salad or an appetizer with those tiny sprouts in it, I keep thinking that I must try using those microgreens in my recipes. Of course, I never ever remember that bright thought once it’s time for a grocery shopping.
Here I am, with a new SIMPLE (can’t stress that word enough) recipe brought to you by two accidental ingredients that were bought with no purpose. And that makes me a happy and proud food blogger!
- 6-7 watermelon radishes
- 1½ cups microgreens
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey (use agave syrup for vegan version)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- Thinly slice the radishes using a mandolin slicer (I used a 1.5mm blade). Put the sliced radishes into a mixing bowl. Add microgreens.
- In a small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and whisk to emulsify. Taste and adjust the salt, if necessary.
- Drizzle the dressing over sliced radishes and microgreens, mix to coat and leave to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, toss the radishes once more and divide between small plates.