I am a hopeless romantic when it comes to tangible print issues of anything – books, magazines, newspapers, photographs… I am one of those, rare in our days, species that would never be able to go completely digital. I love the smell of printed paper, the texture of turning pages under my fingers, the weight of a book on my lap…
Two days ago my Kinfolk Table Cookbook was delivered. And yesterday, I received the Summer edition of Kinfolk magazine. Those two beauties turned my already not-so-bad-week into something pretty darn special. I haven’t yet covered much of the magazine, but I’ve went back and forth (and backwards) brushing through the pages of Kinfolk Table, studying the recipes, and soaking in the amazing photography with my eyes.
To anyone out there, who values and enjoys the aesthetics of life in simplicity, but haven’t heard of Kinfolk Magazine yet, go over to their website and check them out. Your eyes will thank you once you do, I promise!
On to the recipe. As soon as I started flipping through the crispy pages of my new cookbook I got the urge to try out one of the recipes. With no time to actually cook something I’ve decided to satisfy my curiosity/urge with this simple yet tasty summer dish that should really be called “August”, because in my world that is exactly what August tastes like. It took me about 15 minutes to put it together AND eat it. Not bad, huh? You, mothers with napping toddlers! – only you will understand how precious that achievement is! So, really, no one should ever have any reasons not to try this wonderful recipe.
I followed the recipe to the letter, but decided to throw some pine nut in to it and was really pleased with that addition.
- 4 plums, cut into wedges
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Toss plums, spinach and radishes together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt.
- Pour the dressing over plums, spinach and radishes and mix to coat.
- Divide the salad among serving plates and top with cilantro, pine nuts and goat cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- 4 шт. сливы, порезанные на дольки
- 3 шт. редиса, нарезанный тонкими ломтиками
- 1 стакан шпината
- 2 столовые ложки бальзамического уксуса
- 2 столовые ложки оливкового масла
- ¼ стакана рассыпчатого козьего сыра
- ¼ стакана кедровых орехов
- ¼ стакана порубленной кинзы
- Соль, по вкусу
- В большую салатную миску выложить листья шпината, дольки сливы и нарезанный редис.
- В маленькой миске или пиале смешать бальзамический уксус, оливковое масло, соль и хорошо перемешать до однородности.
- Готовым соусом полить салат и хорошо перемешать.
- Перед подачей, салат посыпать козьим сыром, кедровыми орешками и рубленной кинзой.