Yes, this fruit salad is not very seasonal, is it? There is definitely no traces of pumpkin or apples in it. But again, who said I cannot continue clinging onto summer that is long gone by now? Plus, I bought this huge, ripe, delicious papaya that I had to use somehow. Although, there was a time, back in my college days, when I would live on papaya… quite literally, and I would not think twice about how and where to use it. I would cut it up, top it off with about 25,000 calories of whipped cream (oh, yes, I did!) and eat it in place of breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. Ahhh… memories, memories…
Anyway, since I’m all proper and domestic now, AND I have this virtual space I’ve decided to fill with recipes and photos, I’m giving up on the barbaric method of destroying a papaya and putting it into, more or less, sophisticated form. This salad goes exceptionally well with any breakfast food. I’ve made it twice this week for breakfast – once with waffles, once with eggs. (And I just imagined it with some extra crispy bacon and mmmm… I’m so making it again tomorrow… Just because that one single enormous papaya will never run out, it seems…). You might see it on this blog once again, as a guest appearance in the next post that is in planning at the moment.
- ¼ papaya, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 4 fresh figs, cut into ⅙th
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons coconut syrup (or light agave nectar)
- In a large bowl, combine papaya, mango, figs and mint.
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice and coconut syrup (or agave).
- Pour the dressing over fruit and mix well to coat.
- Divide between 4 serving bowls and serve immediately as a breakfast side dish or dessert.