There is nothing special or unique about this smoothie. Well, except, maybe adding persimmons was a bit unorthodox. But, c’mon, at this day and age of smoothies, it’s all been done already — a recipe for every possible combination has been made, posted and reposted so many times. Amirite? Yet again, I am putting it out here as a reminder to self, and maybe to you too, dear reader, to make them more often. Just like with roasted vegetables, smoothies and fresh vegetable juices is something I tend to forget about. Man, good habits don’t stick that easily, do they? Or, is it just me not being more receptive?
To sum up this mental note, and post it on my forehead: smoothies are good, smoothies are easy to make and they are so darn delicious given the right combination of ingredients. Make more smoothies this year, will ya?!
- 1 cup mango, fresh or frozen, cubed
- 2 fuyu ripe persimmons, cut into wedges
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- 1 cup chopped Lacinato kale
- ½ inch ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups unsweetened cashew milk, or amy other nut milk
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process on high speed until smooth.
- Serve immediately.